IIABNJ's Veteran's Pre-Licensing Program was developed to support the men and women of our armed forces and to assist them in finding post-military careers.
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest
appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." John F. Kennedy
IIABNJ's Veteran's Pre-Licensing Program offers all honorably discharged U.S. Veterans who reside in the state of New Jersey the opportunity to receive their New Jersey Insurance License free of charge.
What is Included:
- Online Pre-Licensing Course - The online course is designed to prepare students for the New Jersey Property & Casualty Insurance License Exam. ($550 value)
- State Licensing Exam Fee - The fee to take the state licensing exam will be reimbursed upon receipt of passing the exam. ($90 value)
- Initial Insurance License - Payment of the fee to obtain an initial license. ($150 value)
- Pre-Employment Assessment Test - Allows employers to match your interests and skills with the best position to set you up for success. ($245 value)
- Career Center - Access to IIABNJ's online career center to post resumes and search for jobs.
Pre-Licensing Course Information
The Property/Casualty Insurance Pre-Licensing Course is an online course covering the following topics to prepare students to sit for the New Jersey Licensing Exam:
- Types of Policies
- Insurance Terminology
- Policy Provisions
- New Jersey Laws, Rules, and Regulations Common to all Insurance
- New Jersey Laws, Rules, and Regulations Specific to Property Insurance
The online course allows students to study on their own time, at their own pace. All students are required to pass an exam offered at the end of the course prior to taking the state licensing exam. The course must be completed within one year.
Course Tutition: FREE to all U.S. Veterans residing in the state of New Jersey.
Registration Requirements: All U.S. Veterans interested in participating in IIABNJ's Veteran's Pre-Licensing Program are required to bring the following verification items to a local IIABNJ member office.
- Current Photo Identificiation (driver's license, passport, military id)
- DD Form 214
- Proof of New Jersey Residency (driver's license, recent utility bill)
- Current Resume (click here for a template)
For a member location nearest you, please contact IIABNJ at 609-587-4333. Upon verification of the above credentials, an email will be sent to the address provided on the resume with login access to begin the pre-licensing course.
State Licensing Exam
Upon completion of the online course, including the course exam, students are eligible to sit for the New Jersey licensing exam. The state exam is administered by PSI Services throughout the week and occasionally on Saturdays. Students are required to contact PSI Services to schedule and pay for their state exams. Students may only schedule exams once the pre-licensing course is completed. Upon completion of the exam, printed test scores must be sent to IIABNJ for reimbursement of the state licensing exam fees.
Initial License Application
Once students have passed the state exam, they may apply for an initial insurance license by visiting the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). The cost of the license is $150, which is fully reimbursed by IIABNJ once the applicant has obtained the license. License application receipts must be sent to IIABNJ.
**Offer valid until COB 12/31/15. Individuals who are approved for the program must login and begin the licensing class no later than 1/15/16.